Why is Qtopia much faster?

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Tue Jul 22 23:04:18 CEST 2008

I just played with Qt Jambi the Trolltech Java UI SDK for Java. It looks good, but will it work
under Qtopia? Or only under Qt/X11?

I have Jalimo loaded on the FR and of course non of the graphics libs they provide work because they
are GTK/X11, so what does it take to use Java to write an app under Qtopia.

(For me if I can't do that it is a show stopper for me using Qtopia) I either need Java or Ruby to
write to the screen. I presume some people will want python too.

There are Qt bindings for Ruby but I think they are Qt/X11 not Qtopia.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jim

--