New Freerunner User - Stick with GTK & Any voicemail apps or monitors?

Alex Fitzpatrick alex.fitzpatrick at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 23 03:23:00 CEST 2008

I'm not going to have much time for playing with the toolchain for a
while, so for now I'm trying to use my freerunner as a replacement for
my existing GSM phone. (A Motorola v551 that's getting long in the tooth)

So far, given that this thing is effectively an open beta, I'm very
impressed (and it certainly pays off in geek chiq at the office). I've
had no problems sending and receiving calls and SMS using my old SIM and
I've been able to update everything over the USB/Ethernet from a machine
running Vista of all things!

No love from the GPS of course, we'll see how that goes over time.

Two questions:
   A) If part of my goal is to be a beta tester should I stick with the
default software stack or switch to one of the other options?
   B) Are there any applications out there for managing or monitoring a
voicemail account?

regards,
--
Alex Fitzpatrick