Terminal for ASU

Jacob Peterson jacobp at iastate.edu
Wed Jul 23 09:42:28 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 11:30 PM, Holger Freyther <zecke at openmoko.org>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 July 2008 05:56:41 Jacob Peterson wrote:
> > Ken, I too feel your pain.  I had just stated to get things setup, then I
> > decided to update and to my surprise, all applications requiring a
> keyboard
> > are now useless.  I ended up reverting back to the July 21st snapshot for
> > now, but I will try editing the illume theme and rebuilding once I can
> > locate the required tools to edit the themes.
>
> The theme files are "edje" files. There is edje_cc to compile them from edc
> files and there is edje_decc to decompile them (can be compiled with
> edje_cc
> again).
>
> So get a illume.edj where raster forgot to remove the "QWERTY" button, get
> the
> next rev (fixing up that "oversight"), decompile both edj files, see the
> difference, patch in the keyboard button.
>
> Ask someone in the community to provide illume-theme packages which are
> up-to-date but have the qwertz button present?
>
> I hope this hint helps
>        z.

I was able to easily reverse the theme changes and restore the "QWERTY"
button (thanks Zecke and Raster =) ).  However the keyboard seems to be in a
non-functional state from what I can tell.  It stopped automatically coming
up after the update which removed the manual "QWERTY" button and my patched
theme is unable to coax it into existence either.  I will try to track down
what I can tomorrow and file a bug report if necessary.

-Jacob