FR - ASU image - keyboard with wrong characters

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at
Wed Jul 23 12:04:39 CEST 2008

First of all - I'm not really sure if this "report" belongs on the
support list or here. I'll try here first.

I have been running this image[1] on my FreeRunner for a while now. If
I have gotten my understanding right, this is the ASU image.
Anyway, today I did a 'opkg update' followed by a 'opkg upgrade'. The
upgrade went fine, and I rebooted my FR.

I now have:
root at om-gta02:~# uname -a
Linux om-gta02 2.6.24 #1 PREEMPT Wed Jul 23 06:34:19 CEST 2008 armv4tl unknown
root at om-gta02:~# cat /etc/angstrom-version
Angstrom P1-Snapshot-20080722
root at om-gta02:~# cat /etc/om-version
Tag Name:
VERSION: 1d2ffa9abf4464c9ae0d31ee1ca697aaaeb7a81c
Build Host:
Time Stamp: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 01:49:30 +0200
root at om-gta02:~# cat /etc/version

I noticed something funny when the PIN code dialog for the SIM card
came up: not all keys on the keyboard produce the correct characters.
On the numbers "panel" of the keuboard (fr lack of a better word)*,
the key row 1 -0 produces these characters:123456{[]}
All other keys produces the correct character, as far as I can determine.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

BTW, I really, really miss a backspace key on this keyboard.

Torfinn Ingolfsen