GEOS on Openmoko

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 14:23:31 CEST 2008

Dear all,

Apologies in advance; I know that this is not the developer's list,
but I hoped there would be enough crossover between the two.

I'm trying to compile SpatiaLite on the Openmoko platform using the toolchain:

http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-2.0/index.html

I've cross compiled PROJ.4 without any trouble, but am having issues
with GEOS (I'm trying 2.2.3 ad 3.0 seems to have a particular dislike of me).

2.2.3 configures but won't make, I'm told this is because of a lack of
C++ support, so I re-configure like so:

joseph at joseph-work:~$ om-conf
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/c++/4.1.2"
geos-2.2.3/

And make gives me pages of errors (the copy and pastes of all of this
are available if people would like them). According to the GEOS guys
this should work, so I come to you, my Openmoko friends.

Thanks in advance,

Joseph