GTA01BV4 died, please help me.

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 23 18:06:36 CEST 2008

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> Am Mi  16. Juli 2008 schrieb Michael Shiloh:
>> Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
>>> This shouldn't cause any problem on GTA02 (on GTA01 there were some scream
> of
>>> death issues when removing bat while charged IIRC). At least we have no
>>> reports on this so far, I myself do remove bat while on charger
> frequently -
>>> no harm.
>>
>> The original post is regarding a GTA01 in fact.
>
> Sorry, my fault
> Yes GTA01 is reported to be problematic on removal of bat while charging. You
> shouldn't do this. Alas this is "before my time" and I can't actually
> remember all the details I've been reading on this, nor could I tell about
> possible harm caused by this.
> /jOERG

Joerg, if you have a chance while in TPE (perhaps during casual
conversation in the elevator or whatever), could you find out if anyone
knows what exactly gets damaged?

If this is something that can be replaced it would be the best, but it
would be very useful information both to the customer and to us if it's
something that can be tested (visually, with multimeter, with 'scope) so
that the cause of their GTA01's premature death is known.

Thanks,
Michael