ANNOUNCE: Software equalizer for openmoko

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 23 18:58:18 CEST 2008

Andrew Burgess wrote:
> On 7/23/08, Russell Sears <sears at cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>> I've modified gst-plugin-equalizer to use fixed-point arithmetic.
>
> very cool
>
>>  This
>>  means that it's (barely) fast enough to provide bass, midrange and
>>  treble control for ogg files played back via alsa.
>
> Do you know about the equalizer functions built in to the hardware?
> alsamixer shows them. Not as extensive as a software equalizer
> but no cpu load either. I wonder if there is a gui for this (alsamixer
> is a curses-style text mode app for those that don't know)

I played with it a bit, but couldn't turn the treble down enough...
Also, turning the bass up by playing with the filter frequencies led to
massive distortion.

If there is a gui I'd like to know about it.  People on the subway look
at me funny when I whip out my laptop to set the volume. :)  Also, I'd
like to steal some code from it...