strange problem with Intenso 4GB SDHC card

David Meder-Marouelli openmoko at online.de
Wed Jul 23 22:57:16 CEST 2008

Hi Andy,

thanks for the quick reply.

Andy Green schrieb:
> | mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address b368
> | mmcblk0: mmc0:b368 SD    3931136KiB
> |  mmcblk0:<6>glamo-mci glamo-mci.0: Error after cmd: 0x8310
> | mmcblk0: error -110 sending read/write command
>
> This first real error is ETIMEDOUT.  It can be a genuine timeout because
> your card is a bit slow, but it could also mean communication problems.
Not really good timing would probably be a good guess since "Intenso" is
a low cost brand around here (germany).

> | 2) I can trick it to work doing the following steps:
> |    - re-set it to this (or possibly any other) value
> |      >root at om-gta02:~# echo 0 >
> /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_drive
Thanks for your guidance. It's _not_ the sd_drive parameter.

It's actually just waiting for about 1-2min. After that the device is
readily accessible. (Need to force a re-read of the partition table to
mount though.)

Anyways I made sure that the data I wrote to the card yesterday is still
OK (md5sum) - although it's only around 1MB. I can do more tests tomorrow...

Cheers,

    David