strange problem with Intenso 4GB SDHC card

Stefan Fröbe frobiac at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 23 23:15:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

just a quick observation from my side that could possibly be related:
Until yesterday, my 4GB SanDisk card worked fine with a recent (e.g.
2008-07-22 or 21) kernel - after an opkg upgrade this morning that got me a
new kernel I was surprised to see the card not beeing recognized anymore -
furthermore, its MBR was zeroed out, and no tool could read or reformat it
except a SD-Card recovery tool by Panasonic ( sdfv2003.exe running only
under Windows, of course ) !

I now backup'ed the partition table and mbrs in hope to be able to dd it
back, should this happen again. Sorry, but I haven't got any logs as I was
busy recovering what was left, but I'll surly save them next time ...

Stefan

uname -a
Linux om-gta02 2.6.24 #1 PREEMPT Wed Jul 23 06:34:19 CEST 2008 armv4tl
unknown