strange problem with Intenso 4GB SDHC card

Andy Green andy at
Wed Jul 23 23:56:59 CEST 2008

| Hi Andy,
| thanks for the quick reply.
| Andy Green schrieb:
|> | mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address b368
|> | mmcblk0: mmc0:b368 SD    3931136KiB
|> |  mmcblk0:<6>glamo-mci glamo-mci.0: Error after cmd: 0x8310
|> | mmcblk0: error -110 sending read/write command
|> This first real error is ETIMEDOUT.  It can be a genuine timeout because
|> your card is a bit slow, but it could also mean communication problems.
| Not really good timing would probably be a good guess since "Intenso" is
| a low cost brand around here (germany).

I found that the timeout code doesn't take care if the MMC stack asks it
for a bigger timeout than it can handle in Glamo hardware, also another
unlikely issue to do with giving enough clocks after powerup I will make
patches for tonight.

|> | 2) I can trick it to work doing the following steps:
|> |    - re-set it to this (or possibly any other) value
|> |      >root at om-gta02:~# echo 0 >
|> /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_drive
| Thanks for your guidance. It's _not_ the sd_drive parameter.
| It's actually just waiting for about 1-2min. After that the device is
| readily accessible. (Need to force a re-read of the partition table to
| mount though.)
| Anyways I made sure that the data I wrote to the card yesterday is still
| OK (md5sum) - although it's only around 1MB. I can do more tests

Thanks, these kind of issues are obviously pretty interesting right now.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -