Problem upgrading ncurses

Dale Schumacher dale.schumacher at
Thu Jul 24 02:09:36 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Stroller <stroller at>

> There's a bug in TRAC for this:
> The fix there went from "in testing" to bug "closed" in the last couple of
> days, so presumably it works. Please confirm.

This is exactly the problem.  I applied the recommended fix:

opkg -force-depends remove libncurses5
opkg install ncurses libncurses5

Now everything seems to be up-to-date.  Thanks!

Should this be in the wiki somewhere, or will new users not have this
problem if they update/upgrade directly from the factory image?

Also, could you possibly post to the list in plain text, not HTML?

Sure, I could.  I thought it would be more clear to post the transcript in
fixed font.  Doesn't it come through as multi-part-alternative anyway, so
you should have a plain-text version too?  It seems the richer markup is
often useful.