No start icon in home screen

Jacob Peterson jacobp at
Thu Jul 24 08:09:06 CEST 2008

There was another thread on launching apps in ASU not too long ago.  I think
it was determined that by default Illume is restricted to only certain
categories by the /etc/xdg/menus/ file.  Some applications
.desktop files such as openmoko-terminal2's do not include any of the
categories specified in the xdg file.  If you look in
/usr/share/applications there should be files such as
openmoko-terminal2.desktop.  I modified the Categories line in
openmoko-terminal2.desktop to look like:

As soon as you save it should appear on the main screen in ASU.

I don't think this got through the first time, sorry if there is a double