openmoko-panel-applet for custom scripts

Hans L thehans at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:32:14 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Michael Kluge <vollseil at arcor.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there already an applet for the panel that loads some
>
> <string> <scriptname>
>
> pairs from a config file and shows <string> in the menu and executes
> <scriptname> if I click on <string>? Or should this be integrated into
> the aux/power-button menus?

Not exactly(that i know of), but on 2007.2 I think you can add your
own items to the main application menu, by putting a .desktop file in
/usr/share/applications
See existing files in that directory for an example .desktop
I just tested it by copying and deleting one of the files(ssh'd in
from desktop), and it's kinda cool seeing the menu update immediately
on the phone screen.

Hans