strange problem with Intenso 4GB SDHC card

Stefan Fröbe frobiac at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 24 13:38:45 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I can now reliably reproduce the issue, as dd'ing the mbr back to the card
so far restores sane behaviour :

If sd_drive is set to "0", then after a resume from "sync && apm -s" the MBR
of my 4GB SanDisk is wiped - so far I haven't noticed any other errors, but
have not looked very closely.

To recover, I use the following commands:
---------------
# re-write MBR
dd if=mmcblk0_512_1.dump of=/dev/mmcblk0
# recognize partitions again
echo "1">/sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_drive
apm -s
----------------

So it looks as if the sd_drive parameter does have a role in this - any
suggestions on what else I should try, or what logs you guys need ?

Unmounting the card before suspend should help, and I'll also gladly try
another kernel and other partitions setup if I find the time.

Btw, this all happens on a 4GB SanDisk with 4 primary partitions:
20M vfat + (196M +196M +3.2G ) ext2 and kernel om-gta02 2.6.24 Wed Jul 23
06:34:19

Stefan

PS: Can somebody please tell me how to re-initialize the card without going
through another suspend/resume cycle ?