strange problem with Intenso 4GB SDHC card

Andy Green andy at
Thu Jul 24 13:59:17 CEST 2008

| Hi all,
| I can now reliably reproduce the issue, as dd'ing the mbr back to the
| card so far restores sane behaviour :
| If sd_drive is set to "0", then after a resume from "sync && apm -s" the
| MBR of my 4GB SanDisk is wiped - so far I haven't noticed any other
| errors, but have not looked very closely.

| PS: Can somebody please tell me how to re-initialize the card without
| going through another suspend/resume cycle ?

sd_drive setting isn't actually used until next time we access the card,
so provoking an access will do it, eg, touch /something ; sync.

But the two explanations for what goes on seem mixed still here, we
affect sd_drive and we do a suspend.  My guess / hope is that this
problem is coming from the suspend action alone and the change of
sd_drive is bogus here.  Maybe you can bang on it a little more trying
to disprove that hypothesis?

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -