[qtopia] german dictionary for predictive keyboard

Ole Kliemann ole-om-community-2008 at mail.plastictree.net
Thu Jul 24 18:55:23 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 03:49:14PM +0200, arne anka wrote:
> > `weiss' is actually no german word at all.
>
> how's that?
> it's both a verb (from wissen) and and adjective/adverb (color)! and it's
> correctly spelled (as far as correctly is a category because only
> officials are compeled to use the afficial orthography).
> instead of simply killing that stupid ligature wrongly called "sharp s"
> (and even more wrong sz in german) the new german orthography included a
> really stupid rule when to write ss and when ß .. so nobody is really able
> to figure out what why.
> anyway, i wander off ...

I don't care for normative debates on orthography. I simply stated that
`weiss' is no german word as my assumed explanation of why it is not
recognized.

My problem is not that my `weiß' isn't spelled correctly. The problem
is, with prediction not recognizing `weiss', this input method is barely
usable right now.

> the prediction should be based on simple
> ss==ß

Yes, just like i wrote.

Ole