Volume?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 17:40:34 CEST 2008

On Thursday 24 July 2008, Brian C wrote:
> Bastian Muck wrote:
> > julien cubizolles schrieb:

> > | I thinks it's the original one. I adjusted this one (increased the Mic2
> > | from 0 to 50) and nobody complains anymore when I call them...
> >
> > No, it is not the original one. I adjusted the mono-volume, so everyone
> > can understand me but without echo. Before the adjustment, everyone
> > complained, that i was not loud enough.
> >
> > Greetings Bastian
>
> I've read this entire thread a couple of times and there are just so
> many options in alsamixer that I cannot figure out how to turn up the
> volume enough so that I can be heard by the person I'm calling.  Would
> someone who has figured this out please place very simple instructions
> on the wiki?  Thanks.

You need to edit /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmhandset.state

There are 3 controls that affect the level of the mic - try increasing one or
more of them until you get the level you want. Change the number in
the 'value' line to something bigger, but in the range specified in
the 'comment.range' line.

        control.5 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type INTEGER