Qtopia and Java?

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Thu Jul 24 22:27:45 CEST 2008

On my Desktop I just played with Qt Jambi the Trolltech Java UI SDK for Java. It looks good, but
will it work under Qtopia? Or only under Qt/X11?

I have Jalimo loaded on my Qtopia loaded FR and of course none of the graphics libs they provide
work because they are GTK/X11, so what does it take to use Java to write an app under Qtopia?

I'd like to be able to write simple apps either in Java or Ruby. I presume some people will want
python too.

There are Qt bindings for Ruby but I think they are Qt/X11 not Qtopia.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jim

--