Fast questions (email, GPRS, WiFi...)

Dale Schumacher dale.schumacher at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 23:25:53 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Jim Morris <ml at e4net.com> wrote:

> Make sure you do ifdown usb0 before ifup eth0
>
> Then if dhcp does not get a lease first time through (which for me is about 50/50)
> then you can do this from the console which always gets the lease for me.
>
>  > udhcpc eth0
>
> After that wifi should work.
>
> Peter Nijs wrote:
> > After a whole lot of tweaking I still cannot get an IP from my wireless
> > router. My current setup looks like this:

OK.  This feels like it's going to be a dumb questions, but I'm going
to ask it anyway.

Is it possible to leave the USB connection up, so you can work on the
Freerunner via ssh, and at the same time bring up the WIFI?

If so, can be made to work both when routing through the host to the
internet as well as when you're only using ssh as an easier way to
work on the Freerunner.