Is there some way to turn the predictive dictionary off?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 25 11:12:08 CEST 2008

On Friday 25 July 2008, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> >   What about checking hal at startup (then subsequently monitoring hal
> > events) to see if a device with "input.keyboard" in its
> > "info.capabilities" list exists or is added/removed?
> >
> >   I'm planning on getting a USB keyboard (a frogpad) to use with my
> > Freerunner, so might be willing to have a play around with getting this
> > sort of thing to work (time permitting).
>
> i guess hal could be he go... need to check. not sure what all the
> keyboards will turn up as... or if there is aleady one faked... not sure.
> need to look into it... when i get to it :)

Without keyboard:
root at om-gta02:~# hal-find-by-capability --capability input.keyboard
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_s3c2440_i2c_logicaldev_input
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_neo1973_button_0_logicaldev_input

After connecting the bluetooth keyboard (hidd --search) I get:
root at om-gta02:~# hal-find-by-capability --capability input.keyboard
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_a12_1_noserial_if0_bluetooth_hci_bluetooth_hci_logicaldev_input
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_s3c2440_i2c_logicaldev_input
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_neo1973_button_0_logicaldev_input

After disconnecting bt kbd (hidd --killall) it reverts to the first result.

I haven't made a USB adaptor for host mode yet so no USB keyboard results.