ASU updated - qpe not working?

Michael Sheldon mike at mikeasoft.com
Fri Jul 25 13:55:19 CEST 2008

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> More info.
>
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I really like the read battary charging indicator. :-)
>
> Oops... "red" - red battery indicator. :)
>
>> How do I restart qpe? Therer doesn't seems to be a script for that in
>> /etc/init.d
>
> When I try to restart qpe manually, I get this:
>
> root at om-gta02:~# DISPLAY=:0.0 qpe
> ficgta01hardware plugin
> Modem :  opening serial device  "/dev/ttySAC0"  at  115200
> Modem :  Device: "/dev/ttySAC0" is a tty device: True
> Modem :  NONBLOCK successfully reset
> Modem :  Opened  "/dev/ttySAC0"
> AtChat :  T : "AT+CMUX=0,0,5,31"
> Mux :  *** mux setup timed out ***
> Modem :  Multiplexing has been disabled.
> AtChat :  T : "AT+CGMI"
> Mux :  *** mux setup timed out ***
> Modem :  No modem vendor plug-in found - using default
> AtChat :  T : "AT+CBC"
> QDSync :  QDSyncTask::QDSyncTask
>

> To me, it looks like something is wrong here. But it could just be me.

Well with regards to it not detecting the modem, I found that an upgrade
from the downloads feed installed what I think was a neo1973 kernel, so
I just quickly flashed a freerunner kernel from buildhost which made the
phone work correctly again. But I'm not sure if your current problem is
being caused by that, or whether it's a completely separate problem.

  Cheers,
   Mike.