Terminal for ASU

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Fri Jul 25 21:41:40 CEST 2008

Hugo Mills wrote:

>    The problem here is that we can't, because the design department
> don't seem to be engaging at all. We don't know who they are, and they
> don't seem to be listening to the discussions on this list.

I'm going to weigh in here with my 2 cents worth.

This so called design department should all be fired IMHO :)

They took Qtopia which is a very nice UI and turned it into ASU which IMHO is unintuitive, and
doesn't work at all well from a usability standpoint (the coding is excellent however ;)

2007.2 was also unintuitive and ugly, so if its the same guys, I recommend they read a few books on
designing usable UIs that end users want to use. (or maybe Apple patented that design ;)

I have been playing with ASU for a few days now, and am switching back to Qtopia, as it has
frustrated me beyond belief, the last straw is when it let me remove the configuration tool from the
UI so now it can't be put back, and there is no terminal where it could be fixed.

I also found the UI is not very consistent on whether you tap or double click to get stuff to work,
or maybe that is a bug? I end up tapping some icons 5 times before anything shows up. (Maybe its
just slow?)

Anyway enough whining :) I'll look at ASU again in 2 months and see if this design team has gotten
its act together and has started listening to its customers (ie us).

Thanks for the soap box.. next...

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com