Qtopia questions

Al Iasid aliasid at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 22:17:15 CEST 2008

Hi, I'm using Qtopia on my new Freerunner and enjoying the software
and the hardware. Please excuse the noob questions below. They're
sincere and aren't meant to incite debate. My apologies if these have
been answered already.

1. Are there plans to maintain ongoing development/support of regular
(non-X) Qtopia for the Freerunner? Or, will developers shift focus to
work on the Qtopia-on-X (ASU?) distributions?
2. Will fixes move back and forth between regular Qtopia and Qtopia-on
-X (ASU) in the future?
3. Can I realistically use Python to develop apps for Qtopia? (I see
"Python...Yes" on the Distributions page, but I don't find much when
using Google.) What I'm trying to ask is: Is Python used frequently
and easily?
4. Is the model for Qtopia open-source, but managed by
Trolltech-Nokia? That is, do outside developers submit changes to
standard Qtopia?

Thanks very much,

Rob