GSM Antenna Connector part of Closed System?

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Sat Jul 26 00:16:31 CEST 2008

Scott wrote:
> I know its the same connector as on a Razr or Motorola C168i, so I think
> its the same that Motorola uses.
could be, just checked with a razrV3i, and on visual inspection it looks
similar.

but just to make sure we all work on a basis of real informations:
i've taken the liberty to look that socket up, and when i am not totally
mistaken the socket in question (GSM, behind that deep hole) is a

Murata MM8430-2610

its a rf (test?)socket with switch and rated about 500cycles.
can be used up to 6ghz it seems

googling after the 2 strings above brings up diverse supposedly existing
plugs which could be used to attach a external antenna.

sorry, no clue about a supplier.
but let us know if you find one who likes to sell small amounts of that
stuff directly to customers. ;)

kind regards.

ps: the socket on our wifi module looks quite like the same, but i
couldn't find a bom right away.

--

Joachim Steiger
Openmoko Central Services