SMS

David Pottage david at electric-spoon.com
Sun Jul 27 10:44:51 CEST 2008

On Saturday 26 July 2008 22:15:54 David Pottage wrote:

> The SMS applet on my phone is doing the same.
>
> If I try to start it from the command line. I get 4 coppies of the error
> message:
>
> Gtk-WARNING **:gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
> width -11 and height -11
>
> and a Segmentation fault.

I have just reproduced the bug again gdb I now get:

Program received signal SIGSEGV ...

0x40c3786c in g_utf8_casefold() from /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0

And that is as far as I can get.

It is a fatal bug in a fundamental bit of phone software, that no one is
attempting to fix. I know that everything about the freerunner is alpha
quality and that I should not expect anything to work properly, but I would
expect an environment where bugs like this are easy to fix. Instead no one is
interested.

Thanks to the confusion over distros, I am not willing to look at this any
further, because I have no idea if the GTK based messaging application will
be in use in 3 months time, so any effort I put into further isolating or
fixing this bug could be wasted.

</rant>

On a separate note, does anyone know where in the filing system the received
messages are stored, as I would like to write a script to parse them.
Grepping the entire filing system for likely words has not found anything.