asu and handwriting recognition of qtopia

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Mon Jul 28 06:17:48 CEST 2008

For 2007.2 users (and probably could be brought within ASU desktop
easily) there is matchbox-stroke which seems to be quite a nice start
and is configurable somewhat easily (if ran within terminal on FR it
spits out the codes which are descriptors of the written letters so it
could be added to shipped .xml file)

the only problem on my 1st try to use it is that it doesn't have a
mechanism to disappear from the screen (or at least I've not found it)
-- it is always there. But I guess it should be doable (simply by
duplicating some functionality from matchbox-keyboard for instance...)

so it seems like a good candidate ;) someone indeed should just figur
figure out a nice way to compose multiple input methods and implement
convenient switching between them