Howto compile more kernel modules with MokoMakefile?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Mon Jul 28 15:29:31 CEST 2008

>> You can't use other Gadget devices currently, because Gadget-Ethernet
>> is compiled into the kernel (not as a module) and this precludes any
>> other gadget drivers from loading.  As I am currently working on
>> Gadget Audio for the Freerunner, I too would like to see this
>> situation resolved properly at the distribution level.
>
> That's frustrating. I had imagined the gadget functions could
> coexist so we
> could provide both network and storage.

It sure is frustrating, and imho is a bit of an oversight on the part
of whoever-it-is that is responsible for making command decisions
about the configuration of the OpenMoko distro.  Personally I think
for sure we need to pile on as many g_* drivers as possible, and that
means reconfiguring the current distros to make g_ethernet a module,
not compiled -in ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan