GPS application (was: Request for help: Would like community applications to show anddiscuss at LinuxWorld)

rakshat hooja rakshat at
Tue Jul 29 15:28:56 CEST 2008

> Moreover the '800 pound gorilla' OM is developing its own
> gps software and I'm not spending my energy competing with it.
> OM2007.2 is there, it works and I recommend everybody to develop for it.
> Best regards,
> Marcus

Not  to start a flame war but even I would like to know why Openmoko with
its scarce resources is developing its own gps software instead of
supporting something like Tango GPS that seems to be working so well?