Which AT&T data plans are compatible?

Steven ** montgoss at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 19:59:26 CEST 2008

My understanding is that it's marketing BS and there isn't much (if
any) difference between those unlimited data plans.  The difference
seems to be what AT&T is willing to sell you.  If you have a crappy
old phone, they'll sell you a cheap data plan because they figure you
won't use it.  If you have a smartphone, they figure you might
actually be able to and want to browse the web and therefore charge
you more.

What I'm thinking of trying is taking my old, crappy flip-phone into
the store when asking about data plans.  That should get me the cheap
plan.  Then just pop the SIM card back into my Neo.  I'm betting I'll
have full internet.  Worst case scenario: I'll have to tunnel
everything through port 80.

-Steven