Warranty after fix for GTA02 GPS rework for SD card interference issue

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 22:24:09 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Steven Kurylo <sk at infinitepigeons.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:
>> From everything I've heard a software only fix will not be enough.
>> Unless you ditch your sd card as a data store.

> I haven't had any problems with TTFF since the software update was
> done.  In fact my impression from all the emails on the subject was
> that the software fix was enough.

I think what he means, is that even though there is enough signal
strength to provide a quick(er) First Fix, (or ANY fix at all in some
cases) that if you are hammering the card for map data, the noise
generated by the clock/data lines may cause reception errors resulting
in a less-than-accurate position fix being maintained.

I would take this to mean that your current location drifts from the
actual spot to places not quite where you are standing.

I have yet to get enough $ together to buy a Freerunner myself, so I
can't test/report on this, but hopefully I can clarify :)

Mike