Tangogps pre-cache?

-stacy slm3095om at Millions.Ca
Tue Jul 29 23:50:30 CEST 2008

Steven Kurylo wrote:
> The tango gps documentation says "Additionally you can conveniently
> pre-cache areas."  Can anyone tell me how to do this?
>
> I can scroll around and have those tiles cached for off line use, but
> a pre-cache would be great.  Downloading all the OSM tiles and all the
> zoom levels for a 20km radios would be excellent.

I did a bit of searching and couldn't find one, so I wrote it.

www.millions.ca/~stacy/osmtiles.tgz

Read the README, it is as close to documentation as your likely to get
:-) and keep in mind that I'm a BSDite. I did compile it on an Ubuntu
system and it seems to work. Keep in mind that the GNU getopt function
does not behave in a "POSIX friendly" manner by default; if you are
trying to pass a co-ordinate with a negative value, you will need to
either use the -- flag or set the POSIXLY_CORRECT env. variable. See
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/libc/Using-Getopt.html for
details.

-stacy