Openmoko on Design

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Wed Jul 30 07:50:18 CEST 2008

On 7/29/08 david varnes wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 4:22 AM, Sean Moss-Pultz <sean at openmoko.com>
> wrote:
> [snip]
> > >
> > > Think of our products as museums. We're building the environment.
>
> I re-read Sean's post a couple of time (like a few people I am
> guessing   :-)
> For some of us 'museum' may have an old/musty connotation.
>
> When I put "art gallery" everywhere he says "museum", it landed in my
> my ears very differently    :-)

Marek likes "art gallery" better, too. I hope this gets the point across.

Ryan Paul wrote the following in Ars Technica:

   "Openmoko's potential for success will be heavily predicated on the
    ability to turn choice and diversity into an asset rather than an
    impediment.

This is the essense of what we're doing with efforts like FSO (the
future framework of ASU and more) and our Installer. We (Openmoko) focus
on making a very attractive "museum" or, if you prefer, "art gallery".

We embracing the need to figure out *what needs to be made the most
simple*. We then try to focus on what is needed to grow and diversify
human interests as they change.

   -Sean