GPS application (was: Request for help: Would like community applications to show anddiscuss at LinuxWorld)

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed Jul 30 11:38:07 CEST 2008

ti, 2008-07-29 kello 20:53 +0200, Marcus Bauer kirjoitti:
> I'm a huge Openstreetmap fan but until OSM is ready for routing this
> will take at least five more years, probably ten.

That's probably true _if you drive a car_ (though even for that it can
be a handy help, especially in areas that don't happen to have lots of
turn restrictions, though you of course don't want to just blindly drive
listening to it anyway).

Us others want navigation too and are considerably less hampered by
OSM's current lackings. 'course, there are other projects than TangoGPS,
but it seems otherwise nice so one would like it to include this as
well. As long as I'm not coding it, it's not my call, of course :]

PS: Kudos for your work and all, but with all your hyperbole, jumping to
conclusions, accusations of lying and stuff, you might want to take a
step back for a breather if you want, you know, people to bother to
listen to you instead of just wanting to rant wildly.

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>