Openmoko on Design

Sander van Grieken sander at 3v8.net
Wed Jul 30 11:32:23 CEST 2008

> On 7/30/08 Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> > If you go read Morse Peckham's book
>> > >
>> http://www.amazon.com/Mans-Rage-Chaos-Biology-Behavior/dp/080520142
>> Sean's
>>

>> Its all well and good when you're dealing with art students, but when
>>
>> you hope to sell 1,000 Freerunners as the base hardware platform for
>> multinational operation, it doesn't sell too well.
>
> Yes Jay. That is exactly the goal of this company. Sell 1,000 phones.
> They we all can retire.

Come on now. If OM can only respond with hostile ad hominems to IMHO valid critisism,
then I fear for the life of this 'community'.

Without solid leadership this community will fragment (which, to some degree, it already
has) and lose momentum. And that is hard to regain.

And to stay with the museum/gallery metaphor; If you don't use high quality paint and
canvas, it'll all fade away quickly.

Sander