Trolltech/Nokia and QTopia on FR [...]

Aaron Sowry aaron at aeneby.com
Wed Jul 30 13:01:36 CEST 2008

>> How much is open-source and how much is proprietary?
>>

> Qtopia on the Neo is completely GPL.
>

>> And
>> if I can finish with a horribly vague question, how much of the
>> open-source component of Qtopia is contributed back to the Openmoko
>> project in a usable fashion (i.e. do the open-source components rely on
>> a proprietary component
>>

> None whatsoever.
>

>> [or Qtopia-specific feature such as writing
>> directly to framebuffer] to work and therefore are only open-source in
>> the context of Qtopia development, or are they totally portable to
>> ASU/FSO with little or no modification?)
>>

> Yes.
>
> :)

Excellent. Until this constant bickering ceases on the mailing lists I
will be using and developing for the Qtopia platform which so far seems
to be setting the pace as far as usable software platforms are concerned.

For those who aren't aware, there is a very good Qtopia SDK especially
for the Neo architecture available from the Qtopia website.

Many thanks,
Aaron