ppp support not in the kernel?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Wed Jul 30 13:50:24 CEST 2008

> We must stop bad modules being accepted by the kernel.  If the
> packaging
> will use the git hash patch in EXTRAVERSION it will be good.

the question i have is this: who is making the decisions about what
goes into the kernel, modules-wise and built-in wise?

the reason i have this question is that i very badly want to add more
gadget_* style drivers to the openmoko base, so that we can for
example use it as a storage device, or ethernet, or audio/midi device,
or heck .. even as a gadget HID device .. so how do we go about
arranging things with the 'kernel guy' whoever that is, to allow this

Jay Vaughan