ASU - startup broken by upgrade?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at
Wed Jul 30 14:42:39 CEST 2008

It seems that today's 'opkg upgrade' broke the startup on my
FreeRunner (I'm using ASU).
/etc/init.d/rc complain that it can't find splash-write.

Has anyone else seen this?

Further investigation shows that it is a broken link now:

root at om-gta02:~# which splash-write
root at om-gta02:~# file /usr/bin/splash-write
/usr/bin/splash-write: broken symbolic link to `/usr/bin/'
root at om-gta02:~# ll /usr/bin/splash-write /usr/bin/
ls: /usr/bin/ No such file or directory
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           27 Jul 23 09:38
/usr/bin/splash-write -> /usr/bin/
root at om-gta02:~#

Perhaps it got changed:
root at om-gta02:~# which exquisite-write

Ok, I'll fix the broken link so splash-write now points to
exquisite-write. We'll see if that fixes everything.

Nope, it didn't.. Seems the Xserevr doesn't tart up. Her is the
contents of /tmp/x.log:

-- root at om-gta02:~# more /tmp/x.log

_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/om-gta02:0
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
(II) verbosity set to 5
Using GLAMO 3362 card
(II) Screen: 16/16 depth/bpp
(II) vram size:4194304, onscreen vram size:614400, offscreen vram size:3579904
(II) initialising offscreen pixmaps
Extended Input Devices not yet supported. Impelement it at line 637 in kinput.c
D-BUS per-session daemon address is:
[settings daemon] Forking. run with -n to prevent fork
enlightenment: symbol lookup error: enlightenment: undefined symbol:
run-parts: /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90xXWindowManager exited with code 127

waiting for X server to shut down FreeFontPath: FPE "built-ins"
refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.

Torfinn Ingolfsen