Warranty after fix for GTA02 GPS rework for SD card interference issue

Lech Karol Pawłaszek ike at szluug.org
Wed Jul 30 14:57:18 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> (We have external LNA)  It means it can track with a 16dBm reduction
>> in
>> GPS signal after it made the satellite acquisitions.  So if you
>> understood it will get a fix OK with the software workaround, and we
>> saw
>> many people report this, you should expect the tracking phase to work
>> better than the acquisition phase since the signal requirement is
>> relaxed by 16dBm.
>>

> My experience has proven that this is not the case; yes the fix
> happens sooner, but if SD I/O occurs during tracking phase, wild
> errors are still introduced into the GPS signal sufficient to drive us
> off the map.

I can confirm such experience. Usually GPS track is very good however
from time to time (usually when tangogps is reading tiles) it looks like
  it's receiving invalid data and the GPS really goes wild.

I have to admit that the GPS works really well and I've seen Paweł
Kowalak's track which was awesomely accurate! I hope that those
tomorrow's patches will make the GPS experience even more enjoyable.

Thanks for the great work.

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace" [KoRn]