Openmoko on Design

papa-piet neo.freerunner at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 31 00:02:08 CEST 2008

Open Source is more than that,
do you all propose OM to sell their Software bound to the Hardware?

I fear you thing too much in the old fashined way of MObile
COmmunication. The Freerunner is a piece of Hardware *YOU DECIDE* what
software you want to run on it FSO ASU 2007.1 2007.2, SHR, ASDF or
something YOU HAVE created
*FREE YOUR CHOISE*

Think of your pc I assume the percentage of the people on this list is
really high who dislike Microsoft's politics and the fact that nearly
every OEM pc comes up with Vista.

Think of opensource projects, the most of then started within a
comunity, not a company.

If you think 2007.2 is not enouth and you feel neglected by OM Ltd. do
it yourselves. YOU can't expect a project starting from 0 full speed
within *ONE MONTH*!!!!!

When you bought the FR nobody told you: "Okay, right now the SW is
really buggy, but I swear within a month, it is gonna be perfect."

So be patient, put your power to develop the project, not to complain
that some metaphors are better than others or come up with ideas not
abuses.

be friendly, stop expecting the very best for YOU, be grateful, relax,
code, relax, come up with great ideas (like tangoGPS) relax,
communicate, stop abusing, free your choice

http://freeyourphone.de