ASU as daily phone, someone ?

Benedikt Schindler BeniSchindler at gmx.de
Thu Jul 31 10:37:46 CEST 2008

Jacob Peterson schrieb:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 6:56 PM, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)"
> <mail at 3v1n0.net <mailto:mail at 3v1n0.net>> wrote:
>
>     Xavier Cremaschi ha scritto:
>     > I am currently using Qtopia on Freerunner as my main/daily
>     phone, but
>     > could someone tell me if ASU would be usable too ? What will I
>     loose (in
>     > usability/functionality) with ASU ?

It's working fine. ... just takes your time to get it installed right :)
.... the maintained rootfs wasn't working out of the box....

>     Well, I'm trying to do that but it's not easy... Actually I
>     neither can
>     make my freerunner ring on calls (just vibrate installing the
>     ringprofiles packages). I've made a script for that (that reads the
>     modem output, but it's not exactly what we whould expect from a
>     daily use :P
>

> I have been using a FreeRunner with ASU as my main phone for the past
> couple of weeks and it has been working out well once I managed to
> find the right combination of kernel and packages.  It is really fun
> to show it off to people and everyone is rather impressed by it.

I just managed to install ASU so it works fine for all normal phone
stuff.  (Call/SMS/Conntacts/GPS/GPRS)
I will set up/update a wiki-page for the ASU installation i have done.
And maybe i am also able to create a rootfs with my packages. so that
the first
installation of a working ASU would be easyer for the beginning.

But first i have to clean up some things. .... btw could someone please
send me a fresh ASU- "/etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia" ? ;)