Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 11:43:45 CEST 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008, Lynn Nguyen wrote:
> Hmm are there any benefits to booting from an sd card? I think I would
> prefer not to if possible.

With the SD you can dual-boot, triple-boot or whatever. This lets you keep a
stable system and a testing system, or to pick whether you want to boot into
2007.2, ASU, FSO or Qtopia. If you need more space than the internal flash
then SD may be good, and you might prefer it if you worry about write cycles
on the internal flash. OTOH SD (on the Freerunner) uses the limited bandwidth
to the Glamo.

> Where do you guys get your snapshots? I think I would like to just reflash
> the openmoko. These are the steps I originally took... Does anyone know if
> I am actually doing it right?
>
> 1. download images from
> http://buildhost.openmoko.org/OM2007.2/tmp/deploy/glibc/images/neo1973/?C=M
>;O=D
>
> 2. flashing kernel:
> # sudo su
> #  ./dfu-util -a kernel -d 0x1457:0x5119 -R -D
> /home/lynn/moko/flash/uImage-2.6.22.5-moko11+svnr3238-r8-neo1973.bin
>
> 3. flashing rfs
> # sudo ./dfu-util -a 5 -d 0x1457:0x5119 -R -D
> /home/lynn/moko/flash/OpenMoko-openmoko-image-glibc-ipk-P1-Snapshot-2007112
>1-fic-gta01.rootfs.jffs2

Couldn't say - I've only used the Freerunner.

> I noticed that on this, the time is never right, could it be because of the
> images I got? Where can get the correct images if this is the case?

Not sure what you mean by this. That time isn't set on your phone? Timezone
not set? Or timestamp of the files looks wrong?

> Also, where do people get their ipkg feeds? Like, what sources are listed
> in your /etc/ipkg.conf and /etc/ipkg/*.conf files?

The default ones, plus my own as generated by mokomakefile