Freerunner not charging?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Thu Jul 31 13:57:19 CEST 2008

> 1) should there be a led indicating it's charging?

nope.

> 2) and is it normal for the icon to appear red after it had a chance to
> charge overnight? (about 7hrs of charge time)
> 3) or should I leave it in longer for the first time?

there have been several reports of the fr discharging when connected to
usb (incl charger) for a long time. so that bug might have bitten you as
well. the flash from green to red might be due to an additional bug in
redrawing the icon correctly (i recall at least one posting, i think).
i am absolutely not sure how a fresh li-ion battery likes to be handled --
some manuals say you need to discharge and recharge a few times to get the
full capacity, others do not. stroller announced a well thought strategy
how to handly his freerunner's battery -- but that was before he got his
fr, so no clue what to do :-)
did you flash your u-boot, too?
what image (rootfs, kernel) do you use right now?