Freerunner not charging?

Marcel "MadJo" de Jong mdejong at
Thu Jul 31 14:15:45 CEST 2008

> 1) should there be a led indicating it's charging?
> nope.

Ok, then I don't have to worry about that. (would be nice to have though)

> 2) and is it normal for the icon to appear red after it had a chance to
> charge overnight? (about 7hrs of charge time)
> 3) or should I leave it in longer for the first time?

> there have been several reports of the fr discharging when connected to
> usb (incl charger) for a long time. so that bug might have bitten you as
> well. the flash from green to red might be due to an additional bug in
> redrawing the icon correctly (i recall at least one posting, i think).
> i am absolutely not sure how a fresh li-ion battery likes to be handled --
> some manuals say you need to discharge and recharge a few times to get the
> full capacity, others do not. stroller announced a well thought strategy
> how to handly his freerunner's battery -- but that was before he got his
> fr, so no clue what to do :-)

But wasn't it so that the freerunner can't recharge the battery if it's
completely empty?

> did you flash your u-boot, too?
> what image (rootfs, kernel) do you use right now?

Yes, I flashed the uboot, the kernel and rootfs.

Uboot is:

Rootfs is:

And I believe (but I can only check that when I get home tonight) that I
used this for the uImage: