Mokomakefile on Debian on PowerPC64/G5

Russell Steicke russells at adelie.cx
Thu Jul 31 14:49:00 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:56:23AM +0200, Robert Schuster wrote:
> Hi,
> I am building OpenEmbedded stuff (OpenMoko for FreeRunner, Angstrom for
> BeagleBoard) on my Fedora G4 iBook all day and it works.

Like the OP, I am attempting to build OM with MokoMakefile on debian
powerpc (a PowerMac G5).

> Please paste your error message to a pastebin service and provide the
> URL here.

The output from my attempted build is at http://pastebin.com/m19248e62

I did:

  make clean
  rm -rf build/conf/
  make setup
  make setup-machine-freerunner
  make openmoko-devel-image

(Download of stuff isn't in this output because I've run this several
times before.)

setup-env contains:

export OMDIR="/home/russells/omdir"
export BBPATH="${OMDIR}/build:${OMDIR}/openembedded"
export PYTHONPATH="${OMDIR}/bitbake/libbitbake"
export PATH="${OMDIR}/bitbake/bin:${PATH}"

build/conf/local.conf contains:

MACHINE = "om-gta02"
DISTRO = "openmoko"
BUILD_ARCH = "ppc64"
INHERIT += "rm_work"

The third NOTE in the output at http://pastebin.com/m19248e62 is

  Information not available for target 'ppc64-linux'

which I think is partly gathered from `uname -m`.  On my system:

  russells at maggie:~$ uname -m
  ppc64

Is this different from what uname -m says on Fedora?  I notice that
there is a powerpc* target in some of the .bb files.

I don't know anything about bitbake, and its output seems unconducive
to casual debugging in that there is not a lot of context for the
messages.

Any ideas?

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart.
		-- Confucius