Importing contacts in FSO

Andreas Bogk andreas at andreas.org
Thu Jul 31 14:59:37 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) schrieb:
> After the infos written about Qtopia/ASU and OM.GTK, how could I import
> my contacts in FSO? Milestone II is so nice!!
>
> Maybe I should write a python script based on the zhone code or is there
> already something for doing it?

As far as I know, there's no import code yet.  Be aware that currently
FSO doesn't have a contacts database, it stores all the contacts on the
SIM (which usually has limited capacity).

The API for storing contacts is pretty simple at the moment.  If you
steal the dbus init code from zhone, adding contacts is done using:

   dbus_object.gsm_sim_iface.StoreEntry(reference, name, number)

where reference indicates the slot on the SIM card in which to store the
entry (between 0 and whatever the maximum for the card is).

Andreas