Private data protection.

Ilja O. vrghost at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 15:50:32 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Philippe Guillebert
<phyce at rez-gif.supelec.fr> wrote:
> Ilja O. wrote:
>>
>> Who says that this password will be created by human? Program should
>> generate it automatically, shows it to user, user writes (or prints)
>> it and saves in piggy bank hoping he will not need it at all.
>> This function will be used so rare that there is not point in creating
>> rememberable passwords.
>>

> Hi,
>
> And then, when he doesn't have the neo anymore, he have to find where the
> **** he put the code, run to a friend's with the piece of paper, "hey can I
> send an SMS ?", copy 160 random characters from a piece of paper with a
> crappy input method on the friend's phone and hope he didn't misspell a
> single bit of it or the whole process would be useless.
>
> Yeah, sounds very doable...

You can store this in file. Or we append simple hash to key itself.
Remembering one more password is much worse (it becomes even worser
when you remember that this password will be used (at most) only one
time. Who will be able to remember such password for an event with
such probability?).