Open Hardware

Lee Grime lee.grime at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 22:49:39 CEST 2008

Like i mentioned it is a question of scale, a SoC if you already have
most of the IP cores will not be hard to design. (the processor could be
the stumbling block however)

have a look here for IP that is already available

http://www.opencores.org/browse.cgi/by_category

You are paying nothing for custom components.

The masks for the ASIC will be the big initial cost, but if you sell
enough silicon it becomes less of an issue.