new iphone

Robert Taylor robtaylor at tinsputnik.com
Mon Jun 2 08:02:05 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Christian Benke <benkokakao at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Good evening!
>>
>> So who of you is thinking about buying the new iphone instead of an
>> openmoko in case the technical specs really improve(3G, better
>> resolution)?

If you are willing to exchange your freedom for a few beads, then you
don't deserve freedom.

Remember, choices today will reap you rewards tomorrow.

In a strange way it's like the allegory in the Matrix trilogy - the jail
is beautiful, comfortable and warm, freedom is harsh, unforgiving and cold.

But in the end, a jail is still a jail and a slave is still a slave.

This ultimately is the choice you must make - stand with the free and
die trying or enjoy your jail and die a slave.

Choose.

Note: Yes, it's a bit melodramatic on the surface, but I think we can
all start to feel the undertow of a lot of political, social and
philosophical movements once again under way globally.  I have this
uneasy feeling that our choices around freedom just may have much more
significant implications that we realize right now.

Apologies for bringing politics into essentially technological forum.