gsmd correctness question

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Mon Jun 2 15:04:38 CEST 2008

On Monday 02 June 2008 11:34:07 Bin Chen wrote:
> I am just looking at the code of gsmd2, I doubt whether a condition
> has been processed. Suppose a command is send but during the wait time
> of the response, another unsolicited command sent to the AP and the
> name is the same:
>
> AT+CREG?
>
> +CREG: 2  (1)
>
> +CREG: 0,1 (2)
>
> The (1) is an unsolicited command from BP side but the (2) is the
> actual response for the AT+CREG? command, if this case happens, has
> gsmd2 processed it correctly?

I don't know about gsmd2 offhand, however in general there are two ways to
deal with this problem:

1.) Disable sending unsolicited responses between commands. There's a 07.07
command to control that.

2.) Allow sending unsolicited responses at all times (this is better for
latency) and dedicate an own GSM channel for unsolicited responses.

ophoned is using strategy 2).

:M: