Yummy new CPU/GPU combo

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Jun 3 16:47:09 CEST 2008

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, flexd wrote:

> > the day nvidia comes with open drivers for this... we can begin to take an
> > interest :)
> >

> To be honest, (i myself do not really care if the drivers are open or
> not, i do not have the require level of geekyness to change them :p) i
> couldnt care less if the drivers are open or not.
>
> Aslong as we/someone could run a opensource OS on it, such as OM, i'd
> love it!

You get the phone. It crashes. You report the bug. Opensource developers
tell you "it's the nvidia driver, we cannot do anything". Then what?

Thank you openmoko for your stance on using ONLY opensource drivers for
open hardware specs.

> I want the ability to change everything, but having a different cpu/gpu
> driver isnt exactly a high priority. Ofcourse this would be great, but a
> closed driver will do fine if my phone can have specs as good as that!

It won't. Vendor lock will lead to closed phones. If I wanted that, I
would already own an iphone.

Paul